June 13, 2009

I'm in love with appliques *sigh*

June 13, 2009

I have always wanted to do those cutesie little applique shirts and onesies that sell for a million dollars on the internet and in little boutiques. They are darling!



It is time to add a new, exciting, element to Cantaloupe Corner. And since I vowed that I would keep my shop lead free (which basically means No paint or dye) I decided on appliques!



I've been sewing most of my life so it was the obvious choice :)


Here are my first ones I posted in my shop. Printed appliques! No paint or ink involved here. The designs show up where I have removed the color from the fabric!

I still giggle everytime I finish one of these. It's like MAGIC!


Tea Party Onesie


Dino Onesie

I love this one. It is a cupcake done on cute pink Amy Butler Fabric. Almost sweet enough to eat!

Floral Swirly Cupcake Onesie

I also added some traditional style appliques with Cantaloupe Corner Flair!



I LOVE black and white prints.


The best part about all this is that now I have a new medium for my art!!
I have a new one started already that will be posted this next week. It is fun and colorful!

I think I am in love!

Come see them in my shop here!


Thank you FFF's (friends, fans, and followers)



Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 fabulous people said. . .:

Erica said...

I LOVE that mod dot onesie! I might have to order one of those for Ava! Great stuff!

 
Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios