July 30, 2015

5 Tips for Child Fashion Photography in your Backyard

July 30, 2015
5 Tips for Child Fashion Photography

 
(  I just want to jump in and get excited about some new things happening 'round here! I just uploaded my first YouTube video all about Fashion Photography. It's tips on how to take photos in your own backyard so even you, yes YOU, can start up your own clothing line, screen printing business, or Etsy store and be able to take stellar photos! I have more videos coming too! I have learned so much in these years of owning Cantaloupe Corner and I want to be able to help other beginning entrepreneurs so they can have the best chance of success possible! )


Do you want to start a children’s clothing line or be a screen printer but you don’t know how to take those professional looking photos? I’ll tell you my top 5 tips for great child fashion photography.  It’s not as difficult as it seems. The best way to get those amazing shots is just practice. Get out your camera, get in some good lighting, get some props and toys ready, tell some jokes and run around with the kids, and take lots and lots of shots.

Just like everything in life, child fashion photography takes plenty of practice. Get to know your camera, take lots of practice photos, and have fun with it! My favorite shots are usually when the kids are acting silly or playing around.

When I would look through children’s fashion magazines or online I noticed that my favorite photographs were those in natural daylight. I love using natural light to warm up my photos with ambient lighting. Using my back porch as my light diffuser, I create professional looking photos without all the fancy studio lights. I use printed photo backdrops but you can also just use your own backyard as a backdrop. Use trees, rocks, grass, or go to the park and use colorful playground equipment as a backdrop. The possibilities are endless. All you need is the right equipment, a little patience, a lot of fun, and you will have a camera full of great photos to choose from.

Lighten up and play along with the kids. Be in the moment with them. If you are really having a good time with them they will forget about the camera and focus on the fun!

Another great tip I didn’t add to this video is to keep it simple. I use a simple backdrop without too many extras and maybe one or two props to get their attention. A simple photo will draw attention to the item you are wanting to sell. Too much stuff makes for big distractions and your audience won’t know where to look.

Child fashion photography can be easy and fun. Just pick up your camera and start shooting!

 

See all of our t-shirt designs and more child fashion photography ideas at CantaloupeCorner.com

 
Shout out to Becki from WhippyCake.com for the great Creative Live Class that taught me how to put this video together through her Creative Live Class!

This is an EPIC class! You don't want to miss it!

  


Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 fabulous people said. . .:

David Millar said...

Informative tips.Thank you so much for your useful sharing.

 
Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios