June 19, 2009

Featured Seller: Me! Cantaloupe Corner

June 19, 2009
Today and Tomorrow are Cantaloupe Corner's days of the Busy mom's team "Marketing Blitz".


My shop is still so new and I know that some of you would like to know a little bit about me, Jenifer, the face behind Cantaloupe Corner.


Tell me a bit about your mommy life: I am the proud mommy of 2 sweet boys. One just turned 3 and the other is 9 months old. We live in Mesa, Arizona, aka “the valley of the sun”. I spend my days picking up matchbox cars and choo choo trains and cleaning up dirty socks and spilled applesauce. I sing the Thomas the Train song and the ABC song at least 10 times a day and I can’t get enough of it! During naps and after bedtime I work on my Etsy crafts. I really enjoy taking my boys on little adventures. We go to the zoo, the library, many different parks, the mall, or just on a walk down main street. I’m so glad I get to stay home with my boys. I wouldn’t trade it for anything! As for me, I am a crazy crafter, I will find one hobby, stick to it for about a month and then completely switch hobbies. This year I’ve done a little cake decorating, a little photography, some polymer clay jewelry, a bit of quilting and sewing, home decorating, painting, gardening, etc. You get the idea. I just want to know how to do everything!

Tell me a bit about your shop and your creations: I design shirts for little ones and thier moms. I do dye remover stencils and appliques. I make my own designs and hand cut each stencil (seriously). I started making my stenciled shirts about 2 years ago. I started making shirts for my boys and then for my friends and family’s children. Then it hit me, “maybe other people would love these shirts as much as I do!” So, I started my Etsy shop so that other people could enjoy them too. I just added appliqués to my shop and I am having so much fun coming up with new designs. So FUN!



Any time saving tips for juggling a business and motherhood? I take advantage of every second of the day. If I find five extra minutes I’ll quickly take care of something that needs to be done. I also do as much as I can while my kids are asleep.


Fun Stuff:
Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?
I can’t resist a hot cup of cocoa with mini marshmallows in the winter, in the summertime I opt for herb tea, strawberry is my fave!
I am addicted to…. Besides etsy? I’m addicted to brownies! I am a hopeless chocoholic. I also am addicted to “projects”. I always have to be busy doing something.
If you could have one super power…. I would read minds. Just think of the possibilities!
If I were to catch you grooving it would be to… Depending on the day of the week it would be Jack Johnson, Mae, or some other laid back “chillin’” music, or almost anything on the classic rock station (Led Zepplin, and Heart are my faves). When I’m with my kids we jam to silly songs about trains (check out “Choo Choo Soul”, it’s great).

Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 fabulous people said. . .:

VenetiaJewelry said...

i love the pink heart onesie so cute! you are really talented

 
Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios