May 5, 2010

** Thrifty Crafting **

May 5, 2010
What do you get when you mix a plain jane ol' board that's been sitting in the garage for a year, a coat of turquoise paint, a silkscreen, and vinyl lettering?


Yes, it's another episode of "Thrifty Crafting"!
My favorite projects are the ones that look fab and cost nothing (or next to nothing.)  I had all these things just hanging out around my house waiting for their time to shine! 


Maybe I'm a bit of a pack rat.  But only with craft supplies. . . . .and shoes. . .       I'm working on that.

The board was left over from our backyard sandbox project,
the to-die-for-turquoise paint is from the dresser in the picture that I am currently refinishing,
the vinyl lettering was a Christmas gift I got 2 Christmases ago from my sister. I hadn't found the perfect place to put it yet. Till now!

And you may recognize the "Birds in a Tree" screenprint.  This was my first, and definitely not my last, attempt to screenprint on something other than fabric! It was so easy!


And there you have it. Another thrifty, no cost craft!


CHALLENGE:
I would love to see your "Thrifty Crafts".   Dig through your garage, junk drawer, craft boxes, art closet, or where ever you keep your rainy day craft stuff, and make some thing what you've got, or  create something with some great deals from thift stores or yard sales!!
I would love to post your crafts here on my blog (If you would be so kind as to let me show off your greatness!)

Get busy!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 fabulous people said. . .:

Mele said...

I love it! Turned out SO cute :)

 
Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios