April 9, 2010

1 year? Already?

April 9, 2010
Happy Etsy-versary to me!


I can't even put into words how much I have changed and how much I have learned in the last year.

Just to show you how far I've come in the last year, here's a picture of the first shirt I made for myself, a year ago.
I found this chandelier somewhere on the world wide web I had to hand cut out that  every stinkin' part of the dang chandelier! Greuling work and I could only use the stencil one time. bleh! But I loved that shirt so much that I wanted to do more.

Then I learned about copywrights, and legal stuff and blah, blah, blah.  I knew someday I would have to design and create my own chandelier for Cantaloupe Corner.

I made some new designs and I was ready to hand-cut a stencil for every shirt I made. And I did, for a while. Then I discovered screenprinting!


Now I can create whatever pops in my little head. Creative Freedom at last! ( I love my job!) 

You can also clearly see that's I've learned some photography tips. The red backdrop is terrible. lol.


To celebrate this momentus day I have finally, a year later, created my own Chic Chandelier design!  It is now available on baby bodysuits and soon to be available on women's tee too!

You are going to love the new women's tees! (I'm wearing mine today!)

Here are the new Chandelier bodysuits: 


Thank you to our customers who have supported my dream. And thank you to everyone who has given me advice and helped me out so I could make it to my first year milestone!  This has been the best roller coaster ride I've ever been on!


It hasn't been easy being a mom of 2 little ones and running this shop, but it is definitely worth it.

Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 fabulous people said. . .:

Mele said...

I'm so in love with the new chandelier design!!!

 
Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios