September 9, 2013

Peachy Pancakes with Fresh Peach Sauce

September 9, 2013

Peachy Pancakes title

Yesterday morning I woke up at 6:30 like always do to the sound of my iphone alarm clock and my personalized message to myself: “Make a Healthy Breakfast”

It was raining outside, which rarely happens in the deserts of Arizona and I wanted to cook something warm. My first thoughts were cinnamon rolls and peach cobbler. mmmm. But cinnamon rolls take For-Ever to make and peach cobbler isn’t much quicker, and neither of these qualified as a very healthy breakfast.

My fam really loves pancakes and I make them so often that it’s become a quick-and-easy breakfast at our house. So I made up a perfect healthy recipe for a rainy morning that tastes almost as scrumptious as peach cobbler.

 

Did you know that Nectarines are just like peaches, they just don’t have the thick fuzzy skin. So if you use Nectarines in this recipe you don’t have to peel them. You don’t have to peel the peaches either but I think it would be better without the skin in your pancakes.

Peachy Pancakes 1Peachy Pancakes 0

   Peach SaucePeachy Pancakes 2 

 

Peachy Pancakes

Ingredients:

1 1/2 C Whole Wheat Flour (Use fresh ground flour if it is available.)

1/4 C Dehydrated Cane Juice (Coconut sugar or even white sugar will work as well.)

2 tsp Aluminum-Free Baking Powder

1/4 tsp Sea salt

2 Eggs, beaten

1 1/2 C Milk (or substitute coconut or almond milk)

1/4 C Coconut Oil, melted

1 large Peach or Nectarine, chopped into small pieces

 

Instructions:

1. Mix dry ingredients together: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt

2. In a separate bowl, mix eggs and milk together. As you whisk the mixture, pour in the coconut oil and mix well.

3. Immediately pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until combined. If you wait too long the coconut oil will separate and harden and it will be very hard to mix in. Meted butter is a good substitute for coconut oil if you don’t have it on hand.

4. Fold in Peaches or Nectarines.

5. Cook pancakes on a skillet over medium-low heat, turning when bubbles form around the edges.

Serve hot.

 

 

Fresh Peach Sauce

Ingredients:

2 Peaches or Nectarines, pitted and roughly chopped

1/4 Water (you can add more water if you like a thinner consistency)

3-4 Tablespoons Dehydrated Cane Juice (or sweetener of choice. Honey, coconut sugar, maple syrup, etc.)

1 teaspoon Cinnamon

 

Instructions:

1. Chop peaches and place in a blender or food processor.

2. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.

3. Pour over pancakes.

4. Enjoy!

The sauce needs to be used right away. It will separate if it sits too long. I want to try a cooked version of this recipe to see if it will hold up for a longer period of time. Then I could refrigerate it and use it all week. I’ll let you know when I try it out! I am a big fan of feeding my family raw fruits and veggies when possible so I love the raw version.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 fabulous people said. . .:

jenn said...

This sounds delicious! I'm going to the farmers market tomorrow and I know what we'll be having for brunch

 
Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios