These scrumptious cookies are so good that no matter how many you make they never make it to the neighbors house.
This is arguably my new favorite roll-out cookie recipe.
Impossibly simple and undeniably delicious!
These were a special treat for my son's preschool class. They were having a lesson on dinosaurs. I think I'll make more of these for Halloween! Bat cookies!
This is my own spin on the classic "cakie" (cake mix cookie) recipe. I prefer to use devil's food cake mix because I'm a chocoholic, but you can use any kind of cake mix you love.
1 box cake mix
1/2 cup shortening
cream cheese frosting
1. Pour cake mix into a large mixing bowl and cut in shortening and eggs using a pastry blender.
2. Use your hands to push dough into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 min.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
4. Roll dough onto a floured surface and cut with your favorite cookie cutters. (don't forget to make 2 of each shape so you can make it into a sandwich.)
5. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes.
6. Cool 5 minutes on pans before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Frost cookie with cream cheese frosting and add another matching cookie of top for a cute and delectable sandwich.
8. Enjoy! Make sure you save some for your hubby and kids.
These cookies will stay soft for days. So you can make a double batch and have some tomorrow too!