February 29, 2012

Coconut Flour Pancakes Recipe

February 29, 2012
I just bought my first bag of coconut flour! After seeing coconut-this and coconut-that on Pinterest I had to try this stuff out. There are lots of recipes out there using coconut flour and I was experimenting with my own recipes this morning and came up with a yummy pancake that would be perfect for a gluten-free or paleo diet. And because of the coconut and eggs they are also packed full of protein. I love all things tropical so coconut flavor in these pancakes is  right up my alley.  I'm dreaming of trying this with fresh pineapple on top. mmmmm.
I bought my coconut flour at Sprout's Farmer's Market but you can order it on Amazon Here.



Coconut Flour Pancakes

Ingredients:
3 Tbs Coconut Flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
1/4 cup coconut milk or almond milk


1. Mix together coconut flour and baking powder
2. Whisk in eggs and milk
3. Add extra if needed to get to pancake batter consistency.
4. Pour into hot greased pan and spread around with a spoon to get a pancake shape.
5. cook until edges are dry and the bottoms starts to turn golden brown. Flip and cook the other side to golden brown.
6. Add you favorite topping and enjoy. I like almond butter or pure maple syrup (or a mixture of the two) on top of mine.

Makes approx. two 6-inch pancakes


I would love to hear your feedback since this is my first coconut flour recipe. :) Thanks bunches!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 fabulous people said. . .:

 
Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios